Monday, August 29, 2016

Stay Humble & Kind

  There is a song on the radio you may have heard by Tim McGraw. The song conveys a simple message, but one that serves as an age-old reminder to us all.



  Lori McKenna is a critically-acclaimed artist in her own right, but she's also one of Nashville's most sought-after songwriters. "Humble and Kind" sprang from McKenna's concern over raising her younger children in the age of cell phones and social media, and hoping they understood the proper way to treat others. Hill was the first major commercial artist to cut McKenna's songs, and as a result, "If I write something I'm proud of, I think, 'I wonder if Faith or Tim would like this?'" she admits. "And so I sent it to him, and the fact that it worked out in the end still kind of amazes me. Faith and Tim with their kids and me and my husband with our kids, we're in the same little world of sending your kids off. So it just sort of hit him the way it hit me, and then the way he sings it is just - I feel like he wrote the song with me, the way he sings it." The singer's Everyman quality allows him to relate to his audience in a different way than some other entertainers. "He's really a regular guy, Tim... I think that's why everybody loves Tim's singing, because he sings it like he's singing it for you, not singing it at you." If you haven't heard the song yet, its worth a listen. In the meantime, visit: www.stayhumbleandkind.com to see how this song inspired a community movement. You just might need a box of tissues.



Source: tasteofcountry.com        

No comments:

Post a Comment